- This event has passed.
Commercial Sector Retrofit Workshops
October 26, 2017 @ 11:30 am - 1:30 pm
One event on an unspecified date at 9:00am
The City of Vancouver is inviting commercial sector building owners, property managers and building operators to a series of two workshops.
Learn more about commercial green building retrofit opportunities that can save your business money, improve your properties’ real estate value and enhance your portfolio’s marketability.
Be part of interactive discussions and provide input on actions the City should take to catalyze deep commercial building retrofits.
Part I – Commercial Sector Heat Pump Retrofit Opportunities
Thursday, October 26th, 2017 – 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM PDT
- Case studies of small and large commercial buildings in British Columbia and the Pacific Northwest that have undergone mechanical retrofits leading from 35% to 75% GHG emissions reductions.
- Measured and verified energy savings with investment paybacks of less than 6 years.
- Opportunities for interaction among key stakeholders involved in these retrofits and representatives of utilities as well as provincial and municipal staff.
Part II – Commercial Sector Retrofit Barriers & Incentives
Thursday, November 9th, 2017 – 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM PDT
- Presentation of draft actions under consideration for existing buildings.
- Provide feedback on retrofit barriers and potential enabling tools specific to commercial buildings.
- Your input about what works and what needs to be put in place to prepare our commercial buildings for a low carbon economy.
Two sessions of inspiring speakers and discussions + your ideas for new City actions and programs.
Light snacks & refreshments will be provided.