- This event has passed.
NISP Circular Economy Based Workshop
October 5, 2018 @ 8:30 am - 1:00 pm$15
The NISP® Canada team invite you to participate in our next Business Opportunities Workshop, as part of the Canadian National Industrial Symbiosis Program (NISP®). This initiative aims to develop innovative resource management solutions and generate triple bottom line benefits to companies based in the Metro Vancouver region.
This workshop aims to:
– Find ways of turning waste by-products into valued resource inputs.
– Reduce waste management costs.
– Generate new business opportunities.
– Increase the size and diversity of your business network.
– Identify means of improving environmental performance.
– Expand the regional circular economy and drive innovation.
– Networking breakfast.
– Welcoming remarks, keynote speaker, and overview workshop format.
– Round-table idea generation and resource matching (1.5 to 2 hours).
– Recap of the day’s achievements and synergies discovered.
– Light lunch with additional networking and to launch post-workshop follow-up by NISP® practitioners.
The principle behind Industrial Symbiosis is simple: Instead of being thrown away or destroyed, surplus resources generated by a manufacturing or ‘maker’ process are captured and then redirected for use as a new input for another process by one or more other companies, providing a mutual benefit or symbiosis.
These mutually profitable links are not restricted to materials. Other potential linkages can be based on such resources as: energy, wastewater, transportation, warehousing and expertise.
If you want to build your business network, achieve cost savings, generate sales from new markets, and contribute towards creating an environmentally sustainable economy, attend this workshop!
After the workshop, participants will receive reports regarding matches made during the workshop.
Practitioners will provide FREE follow-up to move ideas into business realities.
Contact us to learn more about how NISP® can benefit your business: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-677-3126 #9307