- This event has passed.
March 5 @ 4:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Have you been reading about the latest business trend – the Social Purpose Business?
More and more, it is appearing in business literature, is being promoted by leading investors, and is being adopted by leading companies. But what exactly is a social purpose and how does a company get one?
Join us to learn more about social purpose at our Purpose Platform on March 5th!
Attend a leading-edge evening of networking and a panel discussion with four Social Purpose Business Leaders to learn more about how and why companies are transitioning to become social purpose businesses.
• Abigail Brennan; Senior Manager of Purpose Strategy & Activation at PwC (NYC)
• Anne Donohoe; Chief Marketing Officer at Mountain Equipment Co-op (MEC)
• Andrea Harris; Director, Member (customer) & Community Insights at Vancity
• Geoffrey Pegg; Sustainability Director at TELUS
The panel will be moderated by Coro Strandberg, Social Purpose Expert, Award-winner, and Advisor to the United Way Social Purpose Business Initiative.
You will hear real business experiences that help answer these questions, and more:
• How did your organization develop its Social Purpose, what steps did you take internally?
• How do you implement your Social Purpose? What are steps one, two and three?
• How do you engage all your employee on Social Purpose? How do you build buy-in across the organization?
• Is your Social Purpose a lens in decision-making and innovation? If so, how is it applied?
• What are the business benefits of pursuing a Social Purpose?
The United Way defines a Social Purpose Business as one that has at its core, a social ambition, a higher purpose, creating social benefits by the very act of conducting business. Its growth is a positive force in society. As the company prospers, its stakeholders and the communities in which it operates prosper too.
Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org