- This event has passed.
Sustainability Insights & Certifications Workshop
October 19 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pmFree - $35
Choosing & leveraging sustainable tourism certifications: Creating new value with your business values!
With the number of certification schemes for tourism businesses available, it can be difficult to select the certification(s) best for you and it can be confusing to the visitor. Pursuing certification is also a significant commitment.
Learn more about sustainability certifications available and the benefits and value they can add to your current operations. In this sustainable tourism education session, you will hear from representatives of the most prevalent sustainability certifications in Vancouver. Hear from businesses who have implemented the certifications as they share testimonials of their motivation, challenges and the value the certifications have brought to their business objectives.
At the end of this workshop you should know which certifications are best suited for your business. Learning outcomes include:
- Identifying how certifications can help you improve your operational impact
- Successfully communicate your commitment to sustainability to the industry and visitors
Better know how to avoid greenwashing or falling victim to green-hushing Representatives at the session will include:
- Green Tourism Canada
- Green Key Global
- Climate Smart
- B Corp
- Rick Hansen Foundation Accessibility Certification
- Buy Social Canada
- Ocean Wise
- October 19
8:30 am - 12:00 pm
- Free - $35
- Event Categories:
- Energy, Governance, Green Jobs, Impact, Lighter Footprint, Local Food, Networking, Small Business
- Event Tags:
- BCorp, built environment, corporate social responsibility, Green economy, impact, metrics, training