- This event has passed.
The Circular Economy—A Pathway to a Sustainable Organization
November 29, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$225
The circular economy is seen by many in the sustainability field as a practical solution to the planet’s finite resources, to the transition to a low carbon economy, and an alternative to a traditional linear economy (i.e., make, use, dispose) in which we keep resources in use for as long as possible, extract the maximum value from them while in use, then recover and regenerate products and materials at the end of their use. It is also a route to creating socially inclusive jobs and a fair transition for all.
How can your organization better understand and become part of the circular economy? How can you future-proof your organization and reduce your linear risks? Through case studies, guest speaker, simulations, exercises, instructor-led group discussion and personal reflection, this workshop will assist you in understanding how your organization can integrate circular economy practices such as product-as-a-service, sharing platforms, circular supplies, resource recovery and product life extension as well as other “green business” solutions. This is a practical, hands-on session and is designed to introduce you to actionable ideas you can pursue at your organization immediately. You will also learn strategies to create a vision for and pathway to a more circular organization – preventing waste while reducing inefficiencies.
Instructor: Coro Strandberg
Learning objectives include:
- Understand this emerging organizational trend, including a definition, drivers and business case.
- Become familiar with different business model options for circular innovation.
- Gain knowledge of how to advance circular initiatives as part of corporate strategy or waste management and procurement programs.
- Learn strategies for circular design and product development.
- Become aware of the different stakeholders – customers, suppliers, peers, government, investors – who need engagement, why and how.
- Understand how innovators such as HP and Philips are forging a circular path for their organizations and customers.
- Leave with ideas for how you can operationalize circular objectives in your own organization and become part of the circular economy